Google
 

Thursday, January 31, 2008

SUPER BOWL XLII Preview and Prediction!


Apparently the New England Patriots take on the NY Giants in Super Bowl XLII live from Glendale, Arizona Sunday at 6:30pm on FOX. Well, I guess I should give you my pick and prediction for the big game. Looking at the Patriots, they obviously are going for the perfect season, which has only been done by the 1972 Miami Dolphins. Led by QB Tom Brady, they also look to become a dynasty by winning their 4th Super Bowl in 7 seasons. I think they have proven their worth on both sides of the ball and will look to get into nice weather and light of the scoreboard like they did early on in the season. As for the NY Giants, their remarkable run throughout the playoffs has been well documented. I think their strengths are their defense and their running attack. This team reminds me of the Steelers from 2 years ago in their run to Super Bowl XL. Eli Manning can win the game by not throwing it away. With good decisions and consistency, he could lead this team to a title. OK...time for the prediction...Giants win...34-27. Thats right, I said it! Their is more pressure on the Patriots and this Giants team reminds me also of the Patriots from 2000. They weren't supposed to beat the 16-2 St. Louis Rams. But they did. This could be the beginning of a great era in Giants history and the beginning of the end for the New England Patriots. Look, I know I could be completely off here, but I have debated and weighed everything...I truly believe that the Giants will win this game and will make a statement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!!

frank f at www.chefspencil.blogspot.com

Google