Google
 

Saturday, December 15, 2007

ESPN ANNOUNCER CALLS ARMANTI EDWARDS "BOY"


Did anyone see Sportscenter about 9am Saturday? During the Appalachian State highlights, the ESPN announcer, not sure which one even though I am pretty sure, said "Here's our Boy, Armanti Edwards..." Of course the video posted on ESPN.COM is edited or from one of their sister networks. This is where ESPN becomes too powerful. They will try to keep it quiet and not say anything like it didn't happen, but this is where the BLOG world needs to hold them accountable for what is said and done on the airwaves. They may say it didn't happen, but I know what I heard...and ANY announcer in today's society has got to be aware that the term "Boy" for any African American person is derogatory and offensive. Did you hear it? Let me know!

4 comments:

Andrew said...

obviously you're ignorant about the term "boy" in this case. When I'm introducing somebody, I may say, "This is my boy, Armanti." It's not disrespectful, it's a term of endearment. "Our boy Armanti..." is just a slang term, not offensive.

Stump said...

Obviously you don't know that when a white man says that about a black man in ANY circumstance it is offensive. In a friend to friend situation...nothing wrong with it. Hey, thanks for the comment though!+

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

You know what, use GPS blocker to jam all spy devices in your home or office.

Google