Google
 

Saturday, December 15, 2007

ANDY PETTITTE ADMITS USING HGH





In a statement released to the Associated Press, Andy Pettitte admitted to using HGH during 2002 while healing from an elbow injury. "If what I did was an error in judgment on my part, I apologize," Pettitte said Saturday in a statement released by his agent. "I accept responsibility for those two days." Pettitte was named in the Mitchell Report released on Thursday, saying that Pettitte was someone that had been linked with a trainer who supplied both Roger Clemens and Pettitte. "In 2002 I was injured. I had heard that human growth hormone could promote faster healing for my elbow," Pettitte said in the statement released to The Associated Press by agent Randy Hendricks. "I felt an obligation to get back to my team as soon as possible. For this reason, and only this reason, for two days I tried human growth hormone. Though it was not against baseball rules, I was not comfortable with what I was doing, so I stopped. This is it -- two days out of my life; two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list," he said. "I wasn't looking for an edge. I was looking to heal."

"I have the utmost respect for baseball and have always tried to live my life in a way that would be honorable," he said. "If I have let down people that care about me, I am sorry, but I hope that you will listen to me carefully and understand that two days of perhaps bad judgment should not ruin a lifetime of hard work and dedication.

"I have tried to do things the right way my entire life, and, again, ask that you put those two days in the proper context. People that know me will know that what I say is true," he said.

Pettitte is one of those guys hard not to like as an athlete. Maybe he is bull****ing us, but I will tend to believe him until other facts are laid out.



2 comments:

Billy said...

Most athletes today are taking homeopathic hgh oral spray because it's safe, undetectable, and legal for over the counter sales. As time goes on it seems it might be considered as benign a performance enhancer as coffee, aspirin, red bull, chewing tobacco, and bubble gum.

Anonymous said...

I am really Glad i discovered this website.Added mudfreesports.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

Google