Google
 

Monday, November 19, 2007

ALEX RODRIGUEZ WINS AL MVP AWARD


New York Yankees 3rd Baseman Alex Rodriguez won his 3rd MVP Award as MLB announced the AL Award Monday. A-Rod finished with 26 of the 28 first place votes while Detroit's Magglio Ordonez received 2 first place votes, 22 second place votes and 4 3rd place votes. It was widely anticipated that A-Rod was going to win the award after he almost single-handily kept the Yankees within contention of the Wild Card despite a rash of injuries to their pitching staff and sub-par hitting thru the first half of the season. "It's my third MVP, and I'm here to say that I would trade all three for one world championship," Rodriguez said. "I wouldn't think twice about it. The only reason we play this game, the reason I came to New York and the reason I have unfinished business in New York is because we haven't won a world championship with me being there." The PR machine is already running in full steam to save face with Yankee fans.

No comments:

Google